In Efficient and effective maintenance troubleshooting and repair performed by Stewart Systems personnel ensures long-lasting solutions, efficient execution, and reliable results. Our personnel are experienced and knowledgeable and have a thorough understanding of our equipment.
CALL 972-509-8799 to arrange for a Field Service Supervisor or E-mail us at email@example.com to set up a visit.
For Upgrades & Rebuilds E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A sampling of what we offer:
Systems Inspections and Equipment Auditing
Our service engineers are available to assist you with troubleshooting and repairing your equipment, and can also perform detailed equipment inspections with recommendations on new procedures for plant personnel, preventive maintenance, repairs, long-term monitoring/trending, and suggest equipment upgrades or kits which will increase throughput or efficiencies.
For Inspections and Equipment Auditing call +1 (972) 509-8799 or email email@example.com
• Troubleshooting and Repairs
• Thermal Equipment and Process Tune-ups
• Detailed Equipment Inspections
• Operational Procedures
• Preventive Maintenance
• Equipment Upgrade Suggestions
• Customized and Special Service Contracts
• Testing/Validation - Has the performance level of your equipment declined? Are your maintenance costs rising and downtime increasing? We can evaluate your equipment against original factory specifications and advise you on the best way to restore “like new” performance.
Yearly OSHA Oven Safety Compliance Inspections
Stewart Systems offers oven safety inspections to bring customers in compliance with regulations adopted by OSHA as set forth in Standard 29 CFR Bakery Equipment 1910.263(L)(9)(ii). These requirements mandate inspections yearly by representatives of the oven manufacturers.
Installation Supervision, Mechanical and Electrical Labor
Proper startup of equipment is essential to ensure that equipment performance and lifespan is consistent with the needs and expectations of the owner.
Stewart Systems has a large team of installation supervisors, able and willing to travel worldwide, at a moment’s notice, and stay until the job is done. They are experts on Stewart Equipment, and integration with surrounding equipment. Phase-ins and 24 hour continuous installations are no problem.
You can use your own labor force, or alternatively, Stewart Systems partners with many installation labor providers worldwide. Most are certified installers of Stewart equipment, so you can be assured that it will be done right, the first time.
For Supervision Services or Turnkey Installations call +1 (972) 509-8799 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• A large Team of Certified Installation Supervisors
• Phase-ins and around the clock installations available
• Supervision of your Installation Personnel - Technical supervision of your installation crew; provided on a per diem or a fixed price basis.
• Start-up - Bring your new equipment or system on line and on time, allowing you to reach optimum performance levels quickly.
• Turnkey Installations - Both installation supervision and the labor necessary to take care of the worry and headache for you.
Stewart Systems has equipment and the personnel in our quality control group to do component analysis to determine the approximate available lifespan of a component/system, i.e. chain stretch, or even why a specific part failed, and offer solutions for improved life, or helping plan when parts need to be replaced.
• Component and System Lifespan Evaluations
• Failure Determination
• Improved Lifespan Solutions
Our experienced technicians can perform on site training for your personnel including the correct procedures for operation, sanitation and maintenance of your equipment during project installation and startup or for additional training as needed. Formal testing is a requirement for certification.
From informal refreshers, to CD Based classroom training and testing, Stewart can take the lead.
• Mechanical Training
• Lubrication Training
• Burners, Lighters, and Thermal Training
• Customized Training Programs including CD Training, Classroom, Field, or any Combination
At various times, there can be a considerable amount of used equipment in the marketplace. And, a lot of it is in poor shape, missing parts and manuals, or just an unknown assortment of parts. If you bought it, chances are that Stewart Systems can help you get it running again. For a nominal fee, we will inspect the equipment at your facility, identify it, inventory it, and make a series of recommendations to refurbish it.